Changes to the underlying Franklin Templeton funds
14 December 2016
We have been notified by Franklin Templeton Investment Funds (the “Company”) of a number of changes to the underlying funds into which the following named funds invest.
- J60 Templeton Emerging Markets
- L05 Templeton Global Bond (EUR)
- L06 Templeton Global Bond (USD)
- L03 Templeton Global Total Return (EUR)
- L04 Templeton Global Total Return (USD)
- L13 Templeton Emerging Markets Bond
- P51 Franklin Mutual European
- P58 Templeton BRIC
- J72 Templeton Global
- P52 Templeton Latin America
- R97 Templeton Asian Bond
- M84 Franklin US Government
- L39 Franklin Biotechnology Discovery
The changes are summarised as follows:
- Changes to the Investment Policies, effective from 30 December 2016.
- Revision of the Investment Restrictions, effective from 30 December 2016.
- Increase in the expected level of leverage, effective 30 November 2016.
Please refer to Client Letter for further details and the Supplementary Document detailing the changes in relation the Investment Policies and Revision of the Investment Restrictions.
The expected level of leverage for the underlying funds has changed as detailed in the following table:
|Name of underlying fund||Expected level of leverage before 30 November 2016||Expected level of leverage from 30 November 2016|
|Templeton Asian Bond||40%||200%|
|Templeton Global Total Return||100%||200%|
|Templeton Global Bond||110%||200%|
|Templeton Emerging Markets Bond||70%||200%|
Should you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact International Funds & Investments.